Here's the 2023 "Moogly" Crochet Blanket

 


I just finished an intricate and beautiful crochet blanket I've diligently worked on for the past year. I'm really proud of how it turned out!  It's a MOOGLY crocheted blanket! 

Never heard of a MOOGLY - just wait!  It's a CAL (Crochet-A-Long) with 24 patterns that are designed by crocheters all over the world. It's been active since 2014 AND you can go to each year's patterns on this website! https://www.mooglyblog.com/category/2014-afghan-cal Such a treasure-trove of designs and ideas for a blanket. Two patterns for a 12" square per month - 24 squares per year!  I can't tell you how much we have learned from completing a MOOGLY in our crocheting skills.  

Kyle has completed several squares and is in the process of putting them into a blanket.  This is my 2nd MOOGLY and I've already started on the 2024 one!

This blanket is completed with BIG TWIST 100% acrylic yarn with a color scheme of white, mustard, rose pink, ruby red, and beige.  I wet-block each square before joining them together.



This blanket is going to Arkansas with one of my favorite couples - my sweet aunt and uncle!  I hope they like it!  Thank you for letting me share my crochet creation!  If you are a crocheter - look up MOOGLY; you'll be glad that you did!

Remember to hug the ones you love, until next time...

No comments: