Back into the "STAMPING" of things...



Hello!
FINALLY
- after 4 months or so of not doing much of "Stamping"... I'm "back into the stamping of things!" And it feels good!

With the degree of coldness of our winter this year - Brrrrrr! My studio was not available to work in - it's in our garage and can be very COLD, even with a heater! So! With great weather, the motivation of our monthly Card Swap and winning some blog candy... I'm back to enjoying craft time again in the evenings!

Our lovely local Stampin' Up Demonstrator - Steph - holds a monthly Card Swap. I love this swap! You create and design a card according to the
requirements set up for that month; then you make enough cards for each member and finally is the - exchange - you receive a variety of highly-creative, homemade cards. March's Card Swap was easy - use green!

Curious of the process? I'm sure everyone's is different. But I start looking for inspiration - this time, I used the internet. I found this card on Dawn's blog and wanted to CASE it for my card swap! (Copy and share everything!)

I liked the layout, subject and
ribbon placement. So! Here's my first attempt... It was okay - but it needed something for it to "pop"! That's where the "Lunch Gang" helped - a circle of teachers at lunch, who evaluated my card and gave me suggestions... They are the best!


So NOW - this is my creation for the March card swap. What do you think...?
Did I find the "pop" that was needed? April's requirements for the Card Swap is to include 3 punches and one stamped image in design of the card. Come play with us! For more info and to view the other cards in the swap - go here to this link!

Also I won "Blog Candy" and was awarded a Card Kit by Stampin' Up - Love it! Made cards last night - in a flash! Don't be overwhelmed by card making - just order a kit and have it all provided. Here's my cards from last night, using my blog candy! Thanks Steph! Ur awesome!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm getting a haircut this afternoon - a much needed haircut; hadn't had one since JANUARY - argh! I should be looking like a new woman soon! LOL! Hope all is well for you and yours! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day! Hug the ones you love!

1 comment:

Stephanie Harbin said...

oh,how pretty...is that your card for this swap??? I love what you did with the simply sent kit. It was kind of fun, wasn't it???