Snowman Soup



This weekend we made "Snowman Soup" treat bags for our church's Christmas Cheer Boxes. The annual boxes are made to be delivered to our elderly members to "CHEER" them up. Our family always tries to add a homemade treat or something. This year we assembled the treat bag that I cased from Angie's blog
here. It's called "Snowman's Soup". Angie Juda has a wonderful video tutorial that will make it a snap to assemble several for quick Winter gifts!

The bags contain a package of Cocoa, "Freeze Dried Snowballs" (marshmallows!), a chocolate KISS candy for added sweetness and a mini Candy Cane for a stir stick. We made embossed, colored with markers stamped headers attached to the top of the bag that had the Snowman Soup poem on the bag.
Was told you've been real good this year, Always glad to hear it!
With freezing weather drawing near, You'll need to warm the spirit.
So, here's a little Snowman Soup, Complete with stirring stick.
Just add hot water & sip it slow. It's sure to do the trick!

The ladies of the church will assemble all the boxes today and deliver them - hope all enjoy the goodies that everyone made.

My main hope, doing this project, is that my boys are learning to GIVE. Am I the only one that has children who are "greedy"? Maybe greedy is a too harsh of a word - but it's hard for my kids to think about anyone else but themselves during the holidays. This project was done for helping to give to a worthy cause - the boys can use this on their 4-H record book and on their LTC service challenges, but hopefully they will also have a "seed planted" to GIVE to others!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm just glad I'm not the only one with greedy kids!!

We were shopping for the kids Ma yesterday and my oldest, daughter who shall remain nameless, kept begging me for Chritmas socks!! I finally lost my cool for a split second and announced..."quit being so selfish and FOCUS on what we are here for!! We are here to GIVE not RECEIVE!" Not exactly a super mom moment for me! I sounded like the grinch trying to give a bible lesson!!:)

Loved the snowman soup idea! Maybe I'll try that for the neighbor kids next week on CHRISTMAS BREAK!!Woo-Hoo!!