New Recipe Swap Day!



Through a chain of "unfortunate  events" - it has came to my attention that several of my blog readers would like RECIPES!! Our family post monthly recipes on the sidebar of the blog - but MORE has been requested! Wednesday will now be a day (hopefully) that I will share a recipe from my recipe box.  

Last week, Alex (my 2nd son) accidently hit my "favorite" recipe box in the kitchen and spilt out all of my recipes onto the floor. ARGH!  Taking this as a hint, I made new dividers and reorganized the recipes.  I have collected recipes 4 EVER!  Some recipes are on napkins, others on snips of paper... ALL are special.  The box was handmade by the late Jackie Smith and hand painted by his wife Charlene - I cherish this recipe box!  It was given to me during an "Announcement Brunch" that I was honored with before my wedding!  My 1st, 2nd, 5th grade teachers, along with many other wise women were present and gave me recipes - "super idea"!
    
Okay!  To make a long story, longer... I took all of my recipes to school to lay out on tables and organize and my  students were amazed that I had recipes...  I'm sure their moms do too... they just hadn't noticed - imagine that!  Some of the students began copying down different recipes... they wanted all these recipes.   I have friends that call frequently for recipes; my oldest son ANDY - loves to cook and calls for recipes... so my girl-students came up with this idea for my blog!  SO! Hence the Wednesday Recipe Swap idea!

Today's recipe is a POPPY SEED CAKE - it's cooling in my kitchen right now!  Super easy (it's "semi homemade") recipe from Terry Vannoy - my husband's stepmom. We LOVE this cake - "naked" - that is with NO frosting!

Terry's Poppy Seed Cake
1 "Duncan Hines" yellow cake mix w/butter
1 cup Sour Cream
4 Eggs
3/4 cup Oil
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray Bundt Pan w/ grease and sprinkle with sugar!  Mix all ingredients together well.  Pour into bundt pan and bake for 40-44 minutes.  Cool for 10 minutes; flip out of pan and cool completely!  Serves 8-10

2 comments:

Jenschke Family said...

A few years ago I started writing down where I got the recipe from. It is fun to pull out the card and on the back see the name, magazine, event, etc....that I got it from.

Stephanie Harbin said...

Girl, you need to come over some friday and we need to use my recipe stamps and get some serious recipes going. I have had those stamps for over a year and haven't used them yet.