May's Card Swap



It's another CARD SWAP post... (warning!)  May's Card Swap was to make a card using sewing notions and/or fabric!  Our fearless leader had heard that our local "super" Wal-Mart was closing out their fabric dept. SO we were all hoping for BIG BARGAINS on fabric, ribbon, lace... BUT they didn't run any specials - blah!  Any-hoo!  Here's my entry for the June Card Swap!  It's "For the King of the Jungle" - Father's Day card!  A white 5x7 card using a warm color border - yellow, orange, accented with red rick-rack (sewing notion) and large gold brads.  The fabric is a jungle leaf print - using wonder-under for attaching fabric to cardstock.  Found the instructions for the "punched" LION here at Angie's blog - she's got a whole bunch of punched animals... even a club for purchasing a "Punch Album" - terrific idea.  I'm adding that to my "want" list of the summer! LOL!  I cheated with printing out the wording from the computer... but stamped several times inside and backside!  I "really" wanted to add glitter, but since it's a masculine card... I opted not too!  Aric (my youngest son) came up with the 3-D leaf accent over the lion - adds a neat effect, huh!  Check here at this website to see the other May Card Swap entries... can't wait until she post them!  That's always the fun part!  Hope you're having a GREAT summer so far!  Thanks for stopping by!