The Sisterhood!



Hello! Today is
"HUMP DAY"
and it's a very good day!

Also the 1st day of FEBRUARY!
This is week #2 of my DIET...
and finding all kinds of tools and recipes to help!

One of the newest thing is finding a group called the
"Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans"
- women that are just like me ready to lose weight and fit back into our jeans... Here's some info, if you are interested:


"The Sisterhood is an amazing, and often hilarious, site offering weight-loss challenges, fitness challenges, product review and giveaways, and lots and lots of support. Losing weight and getting in shape is hard and it’s even harder when you don’t have someone in your corner telling you how amazing you are on the good days, and lifting you up on the bad days. That’s where the "Sisterhood" come in…..all for the low, low price of absolutely FREE. They do it because they have been there (or are still there!)." Click here on this link and check out the recipes, blogs and the social ning - all for FREE! Gotta love that, huh!

Here are links to the new recipes used in our menu this week:
Monday - Meatloaf w/brown rice; green beans
Wednesday- Creamy Beef over Noodles (Crock pot); salad
Thursday- Beef Stroganoff; english peas
Friday- Pork Tenderloin; scalloped potatoes; salad
Sunday "Super Bowl" -Buffalo Chicken

"Something Sweet, but healthy" - Hungry Girl's Fudge

I need to watch out on this... my husband read my blog and was quite surprised to find out that I had fed him butternut squash... and he liked it! HAHAHA! Score one for the "sneaky wife" - in a good way, huh!

Still sticking to the SLIM FAST 123 diet;
1 meal, 2 shakes and 3 snacks a day! Lost 4 lbs. so far!
Here is a realization that I've had this week - eating healthy is expensive... On a weekly basis, I spend to feed a family of 4/5 - $125; that's breakfast and supper each day. NOW! Trying to provided a "healthier" menu - it's gone up about $50? ARGH! Realizing that groceries on a WHOLE has gone up - but geesh!

For exercise, we are running!
- QUIT LAUGHING-
I've never ran in my life,
but my husband was/is a runner.
We are starting out VERY slow... we jog one block and walk 2 blocks x 5 = 1 mile; 25 minutes.
This is not as easy as you would think - OMG! "So embarrassed" - I felt things jingle that I didn't know I had... even in my back - GROSS! Set a goal to walk/run 3-4 times a week. We'll see if I can be a runner, hmmmm! Also drinking lots and lots of water. What do you do to exercise??

How are you? Wishing you a FABULOUS rest-of-the-week!
Stay positive and be healthy!
Remember to hug the ones you love the most
( I love my boys so much! They are growing up SO FAST!)
Until next time...