Egg Pancake Recipe Swap

Good Day to you!

For this week's recipe swap
- it's an easy-peasy one! 
 PANCAKES!
Basically, it's a "technique" recipe swap - it's all "in how you do it"! LOL


It's my FAVORITE breakfast to fix for fancy occasions!  
My boys got these pancakes on Saturday before they traveled to perform before the piano judge! Threw in some fresh blueberries - yum!


Nothing special about my pancake batter - using the secret ingredient of BISQUICK
- It's in the technique of pouring the batter out in a D.O.N.U.T. shape and adding an egg in the
middle that is SPECIAL!  
Makes for a magical treat of a breakfast in my family! LOL

Bisquick Pancake Recipe
2 cups Bisquick
1 cup Buttermilk
(or add 2 TBLSP lemon juice to 1 cup of plain milk)
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 Eggs
Heat your skillet (or flat griddle) to 350-375 degrees.  Grease with cooking spray.Pour batter on hot griddle in an "O" shape - spray hole with more cooking spray and break an egg into the center.  Cook until the edges are dry; turn.  Cook until golden - serve warm with butter and syrup.

My mom - a.k.a. "The Ging" gave me a recipe for homemade bisquick mix - I'll include it today also!  Thanks, Mom!  When I finish using up my box of Bisquick - I'll mix up a batch of this recipe and compare!

Homemade Bisquick Mix
6 cups All-purpose Flour
3 TBLSP Baking Powder
1 TBLSP Salt
1 cup Vegetable Shortening


Sift flour, baking powder and salt 3 times into a large bowl.  Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs.  Store mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator.  
Use whenever your recipe calls for Bisquick.

Thanks for stopping by - remember to hug the ones you love the most, until next time...

1 comment:

West Texas Momma said...

I am going to have to try these they look wonderful!