Vegetable Broth Recipe



Here's a recipe that is for a 
PLANT BASED Diet!  

This recipe has NO dairy, NO meat and NO oil!  



With most recipes, OIL is used to saute' vegetables - but vegetable broth can easily be used and is just as effective as any oil WITHOUT all the added fat and empty calories.


When our family began a plant base lifestyle, I bought GALLONS of vegetable broth...  thought it was good until I tasted it - YUK!  

So, I looked for a recipe to make on my own that tasted good! 



The great thing about a vegetable broth or stock is that you can make SO MANY versions!!  I've been saving vegetables "bits & pieces" in the freezer for a broth daily. Love using my herbs from my herb garden!   I'm always on the look for leeks or onions on sale for a making a tasty broth, so when I'm running low - I can make up a batch and freeze several pints to use during the week ahead!




VEGETABLE BROTH





Chop scrubbed vegetables into large chunks.  Cutting the vegetables help to yield their flavor faster!  Add vegetables and water - bring to a boil.  Lower heat and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.  Strain; discard vegetables.  Cool broth and store until ready to use.

I use pint glass mason jars and store in refrigerator.  (I have froze the jars; but one broke - so now just the refrigerator; but use them so quickly, it works!)

Other vegetables to consider:  mushrooms, eggplant, beets, asparagus (butt ends), corn cobs, fennel (stalk & trimmings, bell peppers, pea pods, celery root parings, marjoram (stems and leaves), basil, potato...  ANY VEGETABLE!  Try it!


Would LOVE to hear from you and see how you prepared this recipe!  Thanks for stopping by - wishing you an AWESOME day - Remember to hug the ones you love, until next time...

No comments: