Heart Healthy Cooking - "I got an INSTANT POT"!!



I did it!  

I bought an INSTANT POT!

This was a big step for me…  to purchase (and convince my husband of the need to have) another device in my kitchen.  I first heard about it from a coworker who’s wife used it daily.  An electric pressure cooker??  I still had nightmares from my childhood of making our old “jiggly” pressure cooker explode!   My curiosity led me to Amazon, where I found pages of awesome reviews. Was I the only person who didn’t own an Instant Pot?

Instant Pot is a multi-cooker that does the job of a slow cooker, electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, sauté/browning pan, and warming pot. It's a single appliance that does the job of seven different kitchen appliances. Sounds kind of impressive, right? And I don't know about you, but I definitely don't have the space to store all seven of those appliances.

I started saving back money and watched for sales.  I caught a great deal - and I purchased an INSTANT POT finally!  It came within a day and then It sat in the corner of my kitchen for two weeks…  When I finally had the nerve to try out the instant pot I was able to find a lot of help on the internet of how-to’s and how long for anything that I cooked.  Within a week,  I was using the instant pot for EVERYTHING - dried beans, lentils, basmati rice, quinoa, brown rice, along with a variety of soups!


Our “plant-based” diet requires a lot of vegetables, grains & beans - the instant pot has totally been a time-saver in preparing a quick, hot and healthy meal in our family. This single appliance has made cooking faster and more convenient. I often make complete meals in the Instant Pot - it's even taken the place of my slow cooker, which has since been moved out of the kitchen.  I now understand all the praise and rave reviews  that I read months ago, and I feel the very same way myself. 

Thanks for stopping by - wishing you an AWESOME day - Remember to hug the ones you love, until next time...

No comments: