People caint help being what they are...

 **This writing is a part of my Abydos Writing Workshop that I am currently enrolled in!  


 

"People caint help being what they are any more than a skunk can help being a skunk. Don't you think if they had their choice they would rather be something else? Sure they would. People are just weak." Fannie Flagg, quotes this from her book Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe.

A definition of weakness is a person or thing that is unable to resist or likes excessively. Weakness examples are when I have trouble asking for help or sometimes lacking confidence. I get impatient when projects run beyond the deadline, or I'm behind. But with weakness comes strengths. My greatest strength is that I'm an encourager. I work well under pressure, and I'm going to pull you along with the pack - no matter what! If you are a team member, I will be your biggest cheerleader!

Acceptance is a great thing! The act of taking or receiving something offered or getting that shaking of the head with approval is so gratifying to the soul. We all want to be accepted, don't we? I want to be more accepting. Acceptance is the ability to see that others have a right to be their unique persons. That means having a right to their feelings, thoughts, and opinions. When you accept people for who they are, you let go of your desire to change them; as I watch the social media, frustration kicks in. Why is it so difficult to accept others who are different from you?


No comments: