My First Challenge - "Harvest Thank You" & "I Absolutely Love It"



Here are two cards made for a Weekend Challenge offered by Beate on Splitcoaststampers. How you enter is: Create a card according to the given "sketch". Then upload photo of card to your personal blog or on Splitcoaststamper's gallery. This is the WSC#55 challenge. Both cards are 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 scored at 3 3/4. This size will fit into a business size envelope. Both cards' theme is "Thank You" - using a variety of SU stamps Card #1 uses pumpkin pie base color; doubled-dipped designer paper, brads, ribbon, glitter, watercolor crayon, pastels and black Stazon ink; featuring a mitered frame and a cut-out; inside card caption. Card #2 uses SU green galore, pixie pink and chocolate chip papers along with a floral print. Ribbons, brads and buttons embellishments; SU Thank you stamps and "I absolutely love it" stamp. The crop-a-dile was used to create a technique for embossed dots.
This is my first challenge! I've been observing for a long time - today I took the plunge, and joined in. It was fun... didn't hurt one bit! The sketch was an inspiration and I was able to pull out something okay. BUT look at all the other entries - WOW. Check them out here on this link: WSC#55 Gallery Have fun looking - Hey! Try out a challenge yourself and let me know! Promise you, it doesn't hurt! (~:

No comments: