Sam "The Dot Man" McMillan


     Let me introduce you to Mr. Sam McMillan.  He is known as "The Dot Man" or as the video titles him - "Sam, Sam, The Polka Dot Man!"  This man is such a sweet soul, who I would LOVE to meet!  He is from North Carolina and is a self-taught artist at the young age of 81!  His  slogan is "If We Hold Hands, We Can't Fight!" - what a wonderful idea!
     Each Friday, I teach a "Funky Artist" and this 
 Friday we studied about "The Dot Man" - below is one of the two videos that I used Friday  (www.keepvid.com converted the selected youtube video for the classroom). Sam doesn't cuss, smoke, drink or eat red meat.  He doesn't have any vices or maybe one... you'll have to watch the video to find out!  This is a type of person that I want to be - he just makes you feel good inside and makes ya smile! He paints literally EVERYTHING!  Sam McMillan is a true star in my book!  Just wanted to share - hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

He is an interesting artist. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I think tis is among the most significant information for me.
And i'm glad reading your article. But shoul remark on few general things,
The website style is ideal, the articles iis really great :
D. Good job, cheers