I found it...


Cards, cards, cards... I have made up what I couldn't do last week! 
Here's some pics of the cards made from this week; needed LOTS of therapy during TAKS testing, huh - very random themes also! Birthday, sympathy, get well, just because... (Steph helped by supplying 10 cards from the "Stamp A Stack" party that I didn't get to stamp on Sunday)

I have finally made it through another month of making cards for church members' birthday - 4 down & 8 more months to go!  Gotta admit... I had to use a cute stamp for "belated birthday" this month - had 4 that I was slow on getting a "prompt" birthday wish too! ):

 
Our April Card Swap is due today - "Celebration" is the theme; a card 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" including an embellishment, two layers, envelope and a stamped image. I picked GRADUATION as my "congratulation's" card - working at the high school - this is what's on everyone's mind... the end of school and graduation!  My first try for a "graduation celebration" was putting two card layouts & ideas together that I found on the internet.
 
I liked both of these cards, so I combined the two together for the layout that I wanted to use on my Card Swap card.  
After gathering advice on changes to the first try
( didn't like the red; longer diploma needed, white background too plain... needed something more...)

Found a COOL new technique using TIN FOIL - gluing the foil on card stock and shooting it through the cuttlebug for texture - WOW!  A neat, shiny BLING was created - that was the "needed something" that I was missing for the background - what do you think - adds some bling and makes it special, huh? Posted both the front and inside of the "Graduation Celebration" card entry for the Swap. 

 

        We had 6 join the April card swap... more  pics later when I get back all the swap cards - if you're interested to join us - check here at this blog for more info; she's always planning
 something new for us cardmakers!  I'll be sure and share the other cards from the swap asap;  that's the BEST PART!  I LOVE seeing what everyone else comes up with!  Hope you have a fabulous TGIF!  Hug the ones you love!