New Card Swaps!


This month of JULY has been full of completing CARD SWAPS! I entered 2 swaps with a Gina K stamp group and one swap for a local monthly swap. It's been so hot, that my "creative time" has been usually in the wee hours of the morning... when it's the coolest (80-85 degrees) in the studio (aka - the garage!)

The Gina K Swap Cards' requirements included a Special Fold card w/envie, 2 layers using designer paper, a Gina K stamp and embellishments.(Here's a link here w/more info on this swap!) I made 6 cards with each design.

My first design is "With Love" birthday card that features the Swing Flip-flop special fold technique.

Color scheme is black, white, purple
and yellow - using the Gina K "Sent with Love" stamp set. I LOVE this technique... I've used it for my last swap, graduation gift cards and some thank you cards... here's instructions at this link - if you would like to try it!


Next swap design was a "Double-Layer Fold" card using the Gina K stamp set "You know you're old when..." (it's a HILARIOUS stamp set to use!)

It's a pop-out card featuring a suspended medallion with a variety of funny sayings and quotes colored w/copic markers. The front is embossed, 2 layers and lots of flower embellishments on the layered circle focal point.
So both of these swaps have been sent off to Wisconsin and then after August 15 -I'll receive 10 swaps back from a variety of stampers from all over the United States! Why do I do swaps? I tell my students - "It's what old ART ladies do for fun...!"

Last, but not least is the swap for the local monthly "Sip & Swap" - (LOVE this swap... we really have some local card artists that are FABULOUS... really talented ladies that each have a particular style!) The requirement challenge was a FALL themed card w/envie, a stamped image, 2 layers and embellishment. I chose a "SHAKER" type of card - my boys love "interactive cards" - or so Alex tells me... LOL! It's called "Shaker" because you SHAKE the card like a "snow globe"... I wanted to use glitter LEAVES, but couldn't find any - so just used a fall themed color scheme long with stick-shaped glitter... for the "shaker" part! Stamped w/ "Fall is in the air" and "cute as a pumpkin" on back... Used the copic markers to color the stamped pumpkins inside - using these markers more and more- really like them - but they are $ (Boooo!).

Fall... lower "COOLER" temperatures - think I'm ready for it - You?
Made 8 if these swaps and will have them swapped out while we're back at the lake next week. The Stampin Up new catalog is finally out - for info about Stampin Up or our local "Sip & Swap" group contact Stephanie today! Stampin' Up has so many neat projects is their catalog/idea book... Going to have to find a second job just to pay for my "hobby"...
Hope all is well and you are keeping cool during these hot days of the summer. Remember to hug the ones that you love the most - until the next time!

No comments: