DIET - a 4 letter word!



 D.I.E.T. 
is a word that makes me "cringe"!  
It's a 4-letter word, duh! 
Since January 1, 2012 - I have been on a "change of eating habits/exercise" program - my goal is my 30th High School reunion in June.


I had visions of being -so much thinner- by June - HA!  I have lost 9 pounds - but it hasn't been easy! ARGH!  Sometimes - down right frustrating!  I have even tried the GMC Diet for a week - OMG!  I lost O.N.E. pound and the week was TERRIBLE!


Have you heard of this diet? - check it out here GMC DIET; it's the diet where you will lose 10-12 lbs in one week (I didn't believe that - but half or even one-fourth of the results would have been nice!)  You eat all fruits one day, then all vegetables one day and weird stuff like that... one day you eat 20 oz of beef and 6 tomatoes; drinking 14 glasses of water!

You can fix this "Wonder Soup" (mainly onions and cabbage) and eat that to your heart's content when hungry... what it fails to tell you, is that this soup gives you so much gas that you will be embarrassed to go into public or ride in a car for any length of time after eating this soup!  "true story!"  I stuck to this diet - "to the letter" - figuring out that "no pain, no gain"!  But - it did not work.
To find something positive of this week - I did lose all cravings for sweets by the end of the week.  I still do not crave sweets!  But for the first 4 days of the diet - I was starving... going to bed hungry was the worst.  And I ate - ate a lot; just without a protein - you were never satisfied or full; constantly thinking about food and what you could not have!  IF I ever did this again... (which will be VERY unlikely) I would make only 1/2 of the recipe of "Wonder Soup".  It tasted O.K. - would have been better with cornbread or crackers or SOMETHING else along with the soup.  I threw out a bunch of soup at the end of the week, because no one would eat it!  My boys did try it and liked it - but one bowl was enough for them!


Exercise is the key - you knew that, didn't you!  I've come to the conclusion that I enjoy eating - so I will exercise and EAT  - within reason. Proportion sizes, healthy selection and "all that" helps also in foods - but I'm giving up the word DIET!  Just keeping myself on a 1200 calorie-a-day meal plan. (myfittnesspal.com)
KV and I are up to walk/run 2 miles - we have incorporated "RUN KEEPER" - it's a free app for your phone that has got us motivated, as well as, informed of our results when exercising!  It tracks our time, speed, mapping out our route, and calories burned!  We've already cut down our 2 mile route by 3 minutes. Definitely, recommend this app to you! Here is a link for RunKeeper!  


Thanks for stopping by today!  Remember to hug the ones you love the most, until next time...


No comments: