It's All In The SAUCES...

Today's Recipe Swap is 
three of our families favorite SAUCES!


Guess we are a "dipping" kind of family - because we love our sauces - I'm always mixing up some concoction for us to dip or soak our food into  to consume!


All three of today's sauces have the same base - MAYO!  Gotta have mayonnaise - not "Miracle Whip" - mayonnaise.  I prefer Hellmann's but as long as it's REAL mayonnaise - it's good to go! 


One day, I'll make homemade mayo and see if it's good?!  Do you make your own - love to hear any comments or recipes on mayonnaise.  That can be added to the "Summer List of To Do" - it's filling up quickly!


First recipe is for a simple HONEY MUSTARD sauce - my boys will eat this on ANYTHING -  it's almost replaced ranch on fresh veggies and on salads!  


There is only 4 ingredients to this sauce - I usually "eye ball" the measurements and do the "taste" test - but here's what I have written down on my recipe card in the box!


HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1 TBLSP Yellow Mustard
1 TBLSP Honey
1/2 TBLSP lemon juice

Mix it all together until it's smooth - and begin "dipping"! I just save the rest in the refrigerator.



Next is a sauce that we LOVE on our fish tacos - YUM!  This chinese sauce is AWESOME!  I've almost tossed out Tabasco for this stuff... Sriracha is thicker and adds lots of flavor and heat to -whatever!  You can find it in your ASIAN row of the grocery store! So, here's the second sauce with only 2 ingredients - and this recipe - I just add until the right "SALMON" color happens in the sauce and again the "taste" test!  Warning:  this sauce carries a "punch" - watch out!


SRIRACHA MAYO
Sriracha Sauce
Mayonnaise
Mix together - and store any remaining sauce in the refrigerator. 


 The third sauce has a funny story - I discovered it first as "Guthri Sauce" from when I lived in Alabama... and then I went and ate at Raising Cane's last year - WOW! their sauce reminded me of the "guthri sauce".  We had a big debate... I think it's the same; others do not.  So, I had to make up a batch of this sauce for the boys - love it on chicken strips and french fries!


GUTHRI SAUCE
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Ketchup
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp Vinegar
Lots of Black Pepper
Mix together well; let sauce sit for a couple of hours in the refrigerator before serving and after.  


Wishing you a wonderful week ahead - Thanks for stopping by!  Remember to hug the ones you love the most, until next time...


No comments: