Hello! Wishing you an awesome day - today! This post is my weekly recipe swap - and this week is Alex's 4-H Food Show dish.
This recipe takes a classic green salad and with adds a healthy twist to it by adding apples, almonds and dried cranberries! Also features a fresh cranberry vinaigrette dressing - that adds a whole lotta taste to this salad! The theme for this year's 4-H Food Show is Healthy Holiday - so he picked Christmas for his holiday recipe!
"Merry Berry Salad"
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a large salad bowl, toss the first six ingredients.
- In a blender, combine the cranberries, sugar, vinegar, apple juice concentrate, salt, mustard and onion; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 10 servings.