Recipe Swap - Sausage Tortellini Dinner


Hello!  Thanks for stopping by today!  You're going to LOVE this recipe, I hope! LOL  Found it on pinterest (here's a link to the original recipe!) - Pinterest is my always "go to" for ideas and
inspiration... 

This recipe had some of Alex's favorite ingredients - sausage and tortellini - so I thought this would be a recipe to try.  Along with simple ingredients, it's put together in ONE dish - and the best part - done within 30 minutes!  Gotta love that!  I served it with a tossed salad and garlic toast - and my boys ate EVERY bite!  I tweeked the original recipe and sharing it with you today - enjoy!  This is going into the family recipe box!


Sausage Tortilla Dinner

1 lb. Smoked sausage; sliced into 1/4" slices
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
3 cloves Garlic; minced
8 oz. Tomato Sauce
1 Tblsp. Tomato Paste
1 Tblsp. Italian Seasoning
1 cup Chicken Broth
1 sm can Evaporated Milk
9 oz. refrigerated Cheese Tortellini
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
In a dutch oven or large skillet, brown sausage in olive oil.  Add garlic and stir in remaining ingredients: tomato sauce, tomato paste, italian seasoning, chicken broth, evaporated milk, parmesan cheese and cheese tortellini.  Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on low for 12-15 minutes.  Serve with additional parmesan cheese, if desired! 


YES, I jinxed it!  Last post, I bragged about our beautiful weather that we've been having in January.  High temps for tomorrow is predicted in the low 20's - argh!  I am sorry!!  Bundle up and keep warm!
Wishing you wonderful days ahead - remember to hug the ones you love the most, until next time...