Cards, Cousins, Cupcakes and Mii's !



This was the MOST beautiful Saturday in February!  (Course it was the only one that we've had this month) 78 degress - wow and NO WIND - double-wow!!  It was gorgeous!  
We made cupcakes, the boys played outside - rode bikes; KV ran only 8 miles today (argh!).  I did the laundry, changed sheets and made some get-well cards (while listening 
to Eclipse (Twilight Book #3).  Tonight we went to the BIG town of 
Lakeview TX (pop. 175?) for "Cousin time" - KV has two sisters and we 
were all together with his mom and step-dad.  The kids played the Wii!  Have you played on the Wii?  First, you've got to make a Mii and then you can play the Wii -  I did have to take notes (add this to your vocabulary... along with blog, wiki a
nd text)!  A "Mii" is YOU on the Wii... you make a character that resembles you and he/she is the one that you see on the screen!  The boys had a great time!  It's always great to visit with family.
  
Tried to create a more "manly" get-well card using an acetate pocket - no frills, glitter - I did emboss the "little pick-up" after coloring with the Prisma markers, but nothing else.  "Heard you could use a "little pick-up" today!" is the saying on the pull-tag card.   Oh - also added texture by cuttlebugg-ing the  card with swirls and the acetate with "Get Well Soon" - what do you think?  Manly - or just "plain" - hmmm!  Or is manly = plain??!? Not a "smile" project yet, gotta work out some details... maybe some glitter or embellishments wouldn't hurt - I'll sleep on it!
Hope you are having a GREAT weekend!  HUG the ones you love!  Enjoy the sunshine!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Looks like everyone had a great time on the Wii! You should see my Mii, I'm so ugly boo hoo! Love your cards, I couldn't click on them for a closer view but they look very manly to me and absolutely perfect, love the colours. You asked about the ball tool I use to shape punched flowers, which is actually a dry embossing stylus and here's a picture of a similar tool made by Fiskars. Mine aren't fiskars but I use a large ball for the large flowers about 5 mm I think and medium about 3mm for the tiny flowers. The tool I've shown you would be too small and is just for reference. Hope you have a great Sunday in the lovely 78 degrees, I'll continue to freeze over here LOL! We had six inches of snow this week, which is rare here on the south coast but very pretty. The snowman hasn't quite disappeared yet but he's melted from the bottom up and only his head and parsnip nose is left, it looks so funny! Hugs, Chris