Cleaning out closets!



SUMMER!  For the first week of the summer, I slept!  Trying to re-coop all the "Zzzzzz's" lost in the spring, I guess. NOW!  It's time for "Summer Cleaning"!  CLOSETS!  We going through all the closets to clean, up-date, throw awa
y and donate items.  The boys are growing so fast - their clothes are a constant chore to keep up with!  Alex's clothes are going directly to Aric's closet!  Aric's are going to another boy cousin.  We don't mind "Hand Me Downs" in the Vannoy family!  I've got boys clothes up to size 18/20 in the garage! (Guess that's the final size of Andy Hayes' clothes... now his clothing size is growing out instead of up! hee hee! ) 

 Did you ever wear "hand me downs"?  I didn't have a sister... but we still traded with families in our church - I LOVED getting new clothes - new or used. KV and my clothes now go to the Medina Children's Home.  They have a outlet store and proceeds go to their children's home in New Mexico.  Our church collects items for a monthly pick up or the Fairview Church of Christ has three "bins" for collecting items.  We now, in the big C-Town, have a new Outlet Thrift Store.  What doesn't sell in our Paw Paw's Estate Sale will go there! Good thing to have here!

 Clean, clean, clean... this week of summer is for cleaning out!  How are YOU spending your summer?  Hope all is well with you - hug the ones you love!  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

MammaBotos said...

Lover reading your post! Awesome family & kids. We have been to the water slides at Quartz mountain, but haven't been to the pool you guys went too! might have to try that tomorrow while Botos is watching little league, ugh! lol. oh.. we are re-doing our floors, from carpet to hard wood.. i was telling Botos abouthow you painted a rug... I need your expertise on that. luv ya girl!

Stephanie Harbin said...

I also slept the first week. Man was I tired. Now, after two days of bible school I really know what tired means. I will probably have to sleep another week before I can tackle my closets. We are very lucky that Ciara gets lots of hand me downs, but she will only wear one brand and style of jeans, so I have to find those on sale and stock up:)

Kyle Vannoy said...

Thanks for cleaning closets and all the other "important" things you do for our family. I don't know what we'd do without you and I never want to find out. I love you!

Kyle Vannoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maria said...

Melissa - I thought I was the only one who religiously cleans out closets the first week of summer!!! I have always done that - why? who knows!!! I grew up in hand me downs! My kids have always gotten and traded clothes. My nephew who is in the 5th grade (5'8" size 13 shoes) is now giving Scout hand me downs and Scout refuses to wear hand me downs from someone younger!!! too funny! have a great summer!