Cook... do I have TIME to cook?



A home-cooked meal is almost a thing in the past... so it seems! Help! - Betty Crocker - where are you?   It's so hard to find the time to cook (and energy!)  After working all day, coming home to stand up another hour and cook, eat and clean - is SO difficult.  And that's IF I've got the ingredients at home to cook with...  been there - done that?  How do you do it?  I've got to find the time, energy and plan to cook more - argh!  Another thing to add to my list of "To Do's"

Hope you are having a great week!  We traveled to Iowa Park for a Tuesday football game this week!  It was the PERFECT evening for football!  Cool - but not cold!  Alex's B-Team won - he even got to be the captain and meet out in the middle for the coin toss - so exciting.  And he even TACKLED a player... he's been very weary to actually have contact - this is our first year of tackle ball!  Too funny - love this kid!  We are enjoying watching him play!




Here's this week's recipe swap - a simple casserole!  My kids LOVE this!  Along with a salad and garlic toast - we're done!  I'm trying to cook more and this recipe is one of our favorite!

Taco Twist Bake
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
2 cans (8 oz ea) Tomato Sauce
1 pkg (8 oz) Spiral Pasta
1 cup Sour Cream
2 cups Cheddar Cheese; shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain.  Mix in Taco Seasoning by package directions.  Cook spiral pasta, as directed.  Combine the taco meat and tomato sauce together and bring to a boil.  Meanwhile, combine cooked pasta and sour cream; place in a greased casserole dish.  Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on pasta.  Top with meat mixture.  Bake, uncovered for 25 minutes.  Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.  Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.  Yield 4-6 servings!  Enjoy! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Hug the ones you love!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!

Stephanie Harbin said...

I am with you Melissa. I eat out way too much cause I am exhausted after school. I need to plan more and cook things on the weekends. Maybe I should change the shop into a huge kitchen and we could meet on the weekends and cook up all our meals for the week.....fun.

Jenschke Family said...

We have started planning meals and only buying the ingredients necessary for the recipes and meals. Since the first week of school I have managed to do it every other week. It is awesome when I take the time to do it. Some weeks it is just not possible but if I plan ahead it works. I thought about starting a "menu swap" so to not tire of all my "usuals". May still do it. Anywho, it is great to plan ahead and even cook ahead. I can time my meals and remember to set out meat to defrost if I have a menu there on the frig!!!! It works, I can testify! Thanks for the recipe. It sounds wonderful and just may add it to next weeks menu.

MammaBotos said...

love it, time? what time? I will have to try this this weekend. Love your post! Your an awesome woman & an inspiration.

mjvaughans said...

The crockpot has become my best friend! I've got some pork slow-cooking right now that will be BBQ pulled pork about 1 hour after I get home! And the best part around my house...I cook, he cleans! Love you and your super-cute Bobcat Boys! :-)