Chocolate Gravy, anyone?

My husband thought I was CRAZY (ok, it's not the first time, but... LOL!). You're cooking WHAT? He had never heard of "Chocolate Gravy" - have you?


My mom had brought over some fresh loaves of bread to eat (she had made mini loaves for the annual Ag Day) and I was in the process of making the gravy when he came in to inspect what I was cooking... he was repulsed - by chocolate? "ding-dong". It was really good stuff - the boys scarfed it down pronto - I'm posting the recipe today - just in case, you have not had the pleasure of chocolate gravy... try it on your breakfast biscuits - YUM! This recipe came from the "Mommy's Kitchen" blog - this is an EXCELLENT blog for recipes! Check Tina B. out and get ready to cook...


Chocolate Gravy
1 cup Sugar
2-3 Tblsp Flour
1 Tblsp Unsweetened Cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup Milk
1 Tblsp Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Add all the dry ingredients to a medium sized pot. Add the milk, using a whisk combine the dry ingredients with the milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and stir constantly to prevent the mixture from scorching. The mixture will start thicken up. When it thickens remove from heat and add the butter and the vanilla. Pour over biscuits!

So, maybe because I was a teenager from the early 80's - that's the reason my 1st born LOVES 80's rock... it was what he was exposed to, as he grew up. Well, here's my payback. Andy Hayes chose to dress up as Bret Michael (of Poison; famous 80's "hair" band!) for this Halloween (OH! to be in college again... at least it wasn't a woman in a swimsuit like his dad use to dress up as... argh!) Check it out...


Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by! Hug the ones you love the most!