April is here!


Are you having a great week?
Can you believe it's already APRIL?

My favorite month of the year! Love the spring season!
EXCEPT... finding "THIS" in our backyard - ARGH!


I know, I know... it's only a garter snake... BUT snakes are soooooooo scarey! Alex found this one - but we didn't catch it! SO! Every time we go out to the backyard - we're all on SNAKE ALERT! LOL! Every day is an adventure, huh!


Here's a quick and easy recipe swap for this week's post - especially if your husband will make it! LOL! KV did the honors on Sunday along w/pigs in a blanket - it was perfect. Our joke is "O.P." food is the best - "other people's" food! He did an excellent job and really helped me while I was making LTC costumes!


EASY CORN CHOWDER
1 pkg of Pioneer Country Gravy Mix
2 cups Water
1 can Whole Kernel Corn; undrained
1 can Cream-style of Corn
1 can diced Potatoes
1/4 cup Minced onion
4 slices bacon; cooked and crumbled
Salt & Pepper

Prepare gravy by blending gravy mix w/1/2 cup of cool water. Mix until lump-free. Set gravy aside. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a full rolling boil. Pour the gravy mix blend into the boiling water. Stir vigorously with fork or whisk until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir all ingredients into gravy. Simmer for 20 minutes or transfer to a crockpot and keep contents warm. Serve hot. soup is best when made a few hours ahead to allow flavors to blend.

Here is April's birthday cards for church - went w/pastels this month along with a paper-pieced balloon focal point. Getting into the Easter season - love me some Easter colors!

Also got my "StampTV" card swaps this week - WOW! This was my first swap w/ladies that I didn't know... but now I have 10 new friends - from EVERYWHERE. I received cards made by stampers from Wisconsin, Missouri, Ohio, Texas, Oregon - even Canada! Here are my card swaps - requirements were a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 sized card, Spring theme, GinaK Design stamps, no envelope, at least 2 layers and 1 embellishment.


I made 6 of each; received 10 cards back (the hostess gets one of each card - that she gives to charities and other organizations that can use cards!) Here are the card swaps that I received -





Learned a lot just by studying each card. Each card was different and so unique.
Hope all is well with you and yours! Thanks for stopping by! Remember to STOP and take time to HUG the ones you love and spend some time with them! Life is too short! Until next time...

No comments: