Did you know... Coconut Oil is "IT"!




"IT"

The perfect "IT"

The most useful(and cheap) "IT" that you must have in your home!

"IT" is... Coconut Oil

I love, love, LOVE this stuff - and you can use it for EVERYTHING...


Here are some of my favorite uses for Coconut Oil

  • Use it as the base for a homemade facial scrub - I mix it with sugar and use it on my face! LOVE IT!
  • Use as a super conditioner on my hair (apply to dry hair, leave in as long as possible and then shampoo as normal - good bye cost of VO5 Hot Oil treatments! )
  • Use as a styling agent (I have really dry hair - just rub a tiny bit on your palms and apply to your hair and style as normal - good bye cost of buying BioSilk Therapy Oil!)
  • Keep a little container in my purse for lip moisturizer - even better than Burt's Bees!
  • Add a spoonful to my sweet Corgi's food at night - it is great for our furry friends!
  • Replace nasty, unhealthy vegetable oils in my cooking and baking - but I don't FRY with it.
  • Make healthy ice cream topping that my boys LOVE!
  • Use as a makeup remover - leaves my skin so soft (I do have very DRY skin also!)
  • Use it to help sooth rashes - I use it on my son's psoriasis
  • Take a spoonful with my vitamins to help improve absorption usually mixed up in my oatmeal; also its said to improve digestion, aid in reducing weight and very IMPORTANTLY...helps reduce or eliminate migraine headaches
  • Spread a thin layer on cuts or burns to speed up healing; also apply to bee stings or bug bites to soothe and heal the wound.
  • Use in place of massage oil / lotion; heard it's great to reduce stretch marks also!
  • Mixed with peppermint, lemon balm, rosemary, or tea tree oil makes an excellent insect repellant/lotion.
  • Base of my homemade body deodorant! Yes! I make my own...
  • Mix with baking soda for a non-toxic “Goo Gone” - works great for those sticky sticker that are hard to get loose or tape residue from windows!
  • Use on cracked or rough heels to help smooth them out - replaced my nightly Vaseline.
  • Massage into your nails and cuticles to helps to strengthen them.

Can you believe all of these things?? These are just some of my FAVORITE...! LOL! Here is a good blog to read here if you are interested about the benefits of Coconut Oil!


Hope all is well for you and yours! Wishing you a glorious day today - thanks for stopping by! Remember to hug the ones you love the most, until next time...