Recipe Swap - S.O.S. Dry Mix



Did you know that canned soups
are not good for you to consume?

I didn't - until going on a diet and trying to eat healthier. I've been trying to educate myself and my family with better skills, recipes and eating habits - during this process, I came across some information of trying to eliminate the "additives" in canned soups - especially "cream" soups; for example: cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup.

This was major news to me! I have used these two types of soups in almost EVERY casserole that I make! Also Hamburger Helper boxed suppers are full of unwanted preservatives - another "biggie" at our house with 4 boys - it feeds a lot for less!
Seriously!

So, what's a woman to do...?
Make her own
S.O.S.

- what's that you ask?
It's a Soup or Sauce recipe
- that you wisk up with
hot water and use in substitute for
the canned cream soup!

Of course, found this recipe from my new BFF
(blog friend forever) Jill - and it's easy!

It taste a little different - but NO ADDITIVES that you are putting into your body! Also at this website and post - you can download a cookbook using the S.O.S. and read about all the good stuff - at this link here - it has great recipes for an alfredo sauce, quick dinners, and substitutions for the soups in your home recipes and casseroles. It's awesome - thumbs-up from my family! So, here's the recipe for you today! (would make a great gift to give also...)

S.O.S. (Soup Or Sauce) Dry Mix Recipe

2 cupsDry Powdered Milk
1/4 cup Instant Chicken Bouillon
2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
3/4 cup Corn Starch
2 Tbsp. Dried Minced Onion

Equals: 9 recipes for can soup substitutions

I made up several batches and stored it in an air-tight container. Again - we have used this recipe often! The Skillet Lasagna and the Broccoli Chicken Alfredo dinners out of the downloaded cookbook are our favorites - today!

On Tuesday, I got in a mood and defrosted a bunch of leftovers that I'd been saving in the freezer and made up 7 casseroles - using several batches of the S.O.S. instead of soup! Stocked up our chest freezer for a while - told KV that he was set - in case I ran off! He wasn't impressed or worried... - LOL!

Thanks for stopping by today! I've got lots more of "going green" recipes... for household products on the agenda for future posts - stay tuned! LOL!

Hope you are well and staying "stress-free" or at least handling your personal load with ease! It gets SO busy during the spring time - remember to hug the ones you love the most, until next time...